cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt list or line group loop

rodrigo_magno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, is it possible to configure or get some kind of configuration that would run either Hunt lists or members of line groups in a loop?

I have a line group with several members what I needed was if after one pass no one picks up the incoming call, the call would go through the members again and again, in a loop.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rodrigo,

You are most welcome my friend!

I'm not sure I understand the dilemma here, this method will do exactly what you want to do :) Let's say the members of the first Line Group Called Sales#1 are 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 then you create a second Line group called Sales#2 that contains 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 and Sales#3 that contains 3333,4444,5555 and 6666.

Include Sales#1,Sales#2 and Sales#3 in the Hunt List; and Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List and Switch the rule on the Second Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List.

This will then cycle through the Members 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 three complete times. Isn't this what you want to do?

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi rodrigo,

You can set up a second Line Group that contains the exact same DN's/Members and link this second Group in the Hunt List. If you require a third pass through the group then just repeat the configuration :)

Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List.

This will then cycle through the members a second time (I just tested this out in our lab a little while back) :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for the quick response.

I had previously searched the conversations for solutions and found that workaround posted by you, with some configuration that might solve my problem but it still doesn't to what I needed.

My conclusion is that there is no way to loop back to the members of a line group or loop between line groups in a hunt list, is that correct?

Many thanks

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

You are most welcome my friend!

I'm not sure I understand the dilemma here, this method will do exactly what you want to do :) Let's say the members of the first Line Group Called Sales#1 are 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 then you create a second Line group called Sales#2 that contains 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 and Sales#3 that contains 3333,4444,5555 and 6666.

Include Sales#1,Sales#2 and Sales#3 in the Hunt List; and Switch the rule on the first Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List and Switch the rule on the Second Line Group to, Try next Member;then try next Group in Hunt List.

This will then cycle through the Members 3333,4444,5555 and 6666 three complete times. Isn't this what you want to do?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi again Rob, yes the workaround will work, my only issue is that it won't garantee 100% that a call will be picked up.

I will use that workaround and at the end setup a voice mailbox for the call that fail to be picked up.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

I do see where you are coming from here for sure, that Call Coverage and making sure that customer calls are answered is paramount :)

The problem with these type of Hunt setups is that the caller will receive "Ringback" for the total call duration (no messaging or Hold in Queue type announcements). I think this is why these configs are not really designed for Looping the calls indefinitely. This is where a Call Centre application like UCCX would come into play.

Just a thought!

Rob

Hi Rob, found the solution to solve this!!!

I have configured my hunt pilot to call itself ("Hunt forward settings") on both forward no answer and forward busy.

I've tested this and it works, it put the call into a loop.

Thanks for all the assistance

Hi Rodrigo,

Nice one! +5 points for posting back with your resolution :) Just be careful with callers that come through during after hours, as you may get complaints about calls not ever being answered.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rodrigo, I have the same problem as you and tried adding the DN of the hunt pilot on both FNA and FB and it doesn't work.

I have only one Hunt Group with two membes.

Is there anything I'm missing in the config?

Thanks in advance

Hi Patricia,

I just tried this nice work-around from Rodrigo in the Lab and it works great! Check the CSS that is assigned beside the FNA and FB on the Hunt Pilot page and make sure the Line group is set for Try next member but do not go to next group.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: