Unitye Express doesn't not recognize SIP phone 3911

Unanswered Question
Jul 31st, 2009

Hello community,

I have added sip phone 3911 successfully to UC520, however the unityexpress doesn't know these phones ( they do not appear under "Configure" ->"Phones" ). So the call from pstn get to AA and then dial sip exttion, it says that "invalid phone number". Would you please advise how to fix this issue ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lean Tue, 08/04/2009 - 01:05

Hi Marcos,

We followed your instruction and the SIP phones 3911 have registered with CME. Calls between sip phones are ok. Just when I dial the AA number, then dial the extension of any sip phone, AA said that it is invalid number. If I dial the extension of analog phones ( we have four analog phones ), it works.

I logged into admin page of CUE, and go to "Configure" -> "Phones", I don't see any sip phone, so I guess this is the problem. Do you have that issue ?

When I show ephone regitstered, I also don't see sip phones, although they have already registered and call eaach other.

Best regards,

Marcos Hernandez Tue, 08/04/2009 - 05:40

You need to use the CME/CUE GUi and add a user (not a phone) with their corresponding extension. This will make it a valid destination in AA.

lean Tue, 08/04/2009 - 22:38

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for you advice. Yes, after creating user and associate with ext, it works perfect.

Best Regards,

fernandoaguirre Wed, 02/12/2014 - 15:33

Hi Marcos,

I have the same issue with UCME 9.1 and CUE 8.6.6. The IP Phones are Cisco 3905 with SIP. When i try to configure the CUE with the init wizard I don't see any users. How can I add the voicemail and AA for this phones?

Fernando Aguirre