Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unitye Express doesn't not recognize SIP phone 3911

Hello community,

I have added sip phone 3911 successfully to UC520, however the unityexpress doesn't know these phones ( they do not appear under "Configure" ->"Phones" ). So the call from pstn get to AA and then dial sip exttion, it says that "invalid phone number". Would you please advise how to fix this issue ?

Thanks,

FDC

5 Replies 5

Hi,

The CME/CUE GUI only supports SCCP/SPCP phones. For SIP phones you will have to use CCA or the CLI. Here is how to add the 3900 phones to CCA if they are not in there already:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-7244

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

We followed your instruction and the SIP phones 3911 have registered with CME. Calls between sip phones are ok. Just when I dial the AA number, then dial the extension of any sip phone, AA said that it is invalid number. If I dial the extension of analog phones ( we have four analog phones ), it works.

I logged into admin page of CUE, and go to "Configure" -> "Phones", I don't see any sip phone, so I guess this is the problem. Do you have that issue ?

When I show ephone regitstered, I also don't see sip phones, although they have already registered and call eaach other.

Best regards,

An

You need to use the CME/CUE GUi and add a user (not a phone) with their corresponding extension. This will make it a valid destination in AA.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for you advice. Yes, after creating user and associate with ext, it works perfect.

Best Regards,

An

Hi Marcos,

I have the same issue with UCME 9.1 and CUE 8.6.6. The IP Phones are Cisco 3905 with SIP. When i try to configure the CUE with the init wizard I don't see any users. How can I add the voicemail and AA for this phones?

Regards,

Fernando Aguirre