Only APC-UPS brand for the NNS3000?

Unanswered Question
Jul 31st, 2009

Hi,

I have a NSS3000 and I want to connect it to a UPS system. I was reading the NSS3000 data sheet and I found this in the PORTS row:

3 AUX ports (supports USB flash disk for configuration backup only)

1 UPS-USB port (APC Smart-UPS only)

So, just to be sure, this mean that the NSS3000 only support any UPS from APC (American Power Conversion)?, beacause I was thinking in an UPS from Tripp-Lite: http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=665&EID=13901&txtModelID=3949 I liked the specs, actually it has a CISCO COMPATIBLE Logo, but after I read the NSS3000 DataSheet I got a little confused with this.

What UPS do you recommend for the NSS3000??  keeping in mind that I want the UPS to send a signal to the NSS (when there is not power), and start the automatic turn off.

Im sorry with this, but I just want to be sure and make the correct buy....

Summary:  APC is actually a CHOICE of UPS for the NSS3000, or the Storage System MUST have an APC UPS brand?. It would be very cool if by any chance you could see the link of the Trip-Lite UPS that I attached, because I'm not sure if that Trip-Lite UPS is compatible with the NSS3000... or should I better start to looking for an APC UPS?...

Thanks...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion