cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will there be an 8-port version of the ESW 500 switches?

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I know that Cisco is phasing out the Catalyst Express switches. Cisco has already released 24-port and 48-port versions of the ESW 500 switches. Will Cisco be releasing 8-port versions of the ESW 500 switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

John

As Marcos mentioned while we do not disclose roadmap plans on the forum - I can tell you that an 8 port POE version is very much in our near term plans - look for more information on this towards the end of 2009 on this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi John,

As stated a few times before, Cisco does not / cannot comment about roadmap plans. With that said, we are always revising our product portfolio. Do you think an 8 port switch is needed in the SMB sector?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

The 8 port ESW-520-8P compact switch would be more than welcome! A great alternative to the WS-CE520-8PC-K9. Small businesses favour a small form factor, low noise and a small price ;-)

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

John

As Marcos mentioned while we do not disclose roadmap plans on the forum - I can tell you that an 8 port POE version is very much in our near term plans - look for more information on this towards the end of 2009 on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: