cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Novell & VLANs

jmaurer1205
Level 1
Level 1

What needs to be open to allow Zenworks 10 ZZM Configuration Manager and eDirectory Open Enterprise Server to operate and manage devices properly across VLANs?

Setup

Basic Network VLAN 10 / everything currently on servers (Novell) and computer network.

Server VLAN 20 - Win2k3 DHCP & WINS

Test Lab 30 - Computers and Printers.

The Novell manager is getting an error "Unable to connect the IP address or hostname" when trying to connect to computers across the VLAN. Everything that on VLAN 10 can talk. But everything on VLAN 30 is getting the error.

On VLAN 30, I have IP helper-address for; DHCP, DNS1, DNS2, PXEBoot and Novell Server.

I havent seen any thing novell's forums about this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you ping the destination address from the 'Novell Manager'? If so, routing is working and unless you have some kind of filtering between Vlans, the connection should work. If it doesn't, you should look into the application itself within Novell.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you ping the destination address from the 'Novell Manager'? If so, routing is working and unless you have some kind of filtering between Vlans, the connection should work. If it doesn't, you should look into the application itself within Novell.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Yes, I can ping from the Novell Manager.

I thought so but just wanted to double check with someone.

Thank You.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card