Career Path

Unanswered Question
Aug 2nd, 2009

Im planning to take classes this year to boost my career in IT. I graduated with a degree in Information technology and is looking for courses that I can take hopefully with CISCO. Im just confused on the curriculum that Im about to take and where to take it. based on CISCO website I should take CCENT prior to CCNA and CCNP. If that is the path I should be taking, I'd like to know where can I attend classes. Im currently working at IBM Daksh here in the Philippines.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pipemajor Mon, 08/03/2009 - 08:46

Rod,

CCNA used to be considered entry level and it is a prerequisite for the CCNP. Due to the growth in scope of the CCNA, Cisco recently introduced a true entry level cert (CCENT) which will get you halfway to the CCNA.

You have the option of going for the full 640-802 CCNA exam with no prerequisites or you can write the 640-822 ICND1 exam which gives you the CCENT. Then write the 640-816 ICND2 exam and you'll then be CCNA.

Which part of the Philippines do you work? Many years ago we were stationed at Clark Air Base near Angeles City on Luzon. That was just after Ferdinand Marcos came into power.

rvdcrafts Mon, 08/03/2009 - 15:59

Steve,

Thanks for taking time to respond to my inquiry. I'm in Quezon City, manila. I think I'd like to start from the basic CCENT so I can refresh and fully grasp the potentials of CCNA. Having said that, I'd like to know where I can take these classes and if it is possible to study at home because I work at night.

Actions

This Discussion