cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C85x/C87x ROMMON Upgrade

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. If you go to the 87X download page, the ROMmon is classified as "C85x/C87x ROMMON Upgrade" but the file(s) are not available in the 85X download page. Is it or is it not the file valid for the C85x/C87x routers?

2. I'm trying to investigate the 12.3(8r)YI6 ROMmon but I can't download the file. Is the link broken?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo,

Most of the tools for searching this type of query are unavailable at this moment but based on a filename and bug description on the reason this was released, I believe it's only intended for the 87x hardware and the download description is wrong.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

Leo,

I was able to confirm this was indeed a bug download description error as the rommon upgrade addresses a bug that only affects the 87x series

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsz92859

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a maintenance window taking place at this moment, try again within 12 to 24hrs.

__

Edison.

Hi Edison,

"maintenance window" or a failed network change due to "human error"? He he he ...

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Edison,

Thanks for the quick response (+5).

How about my first question?

Leo,

Most of the tools for searching this type of query are unavailable at this moment but based on a filename and bug description on the reason this was released, I believe it's only intended for the 87x hardware and the download description is wrong.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Edison,

Thanks for the response.

Leo,

I was able to confirm this was indeed a bug download description error as the rommon upgrade addresses a bug that only affects the 87x series

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsz92859

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison. I've sent a number of feedbacks about the accuracy of the description but I guess everyone is very busy there. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: