Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.1.0 on LMS 3.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi clarke,

Unable to pull devices from DCR CS 3.2.0 to DFM 3.1.0,In process always DFMServer is down and it is showing me 2 instance of DFMServer process i.e example DFMServer & DFMServer1 though when i restart it still get shutdown automatically.attaching the pdshow

Reply waiting for the solution.

29 Replies 29

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi clarke

Awaiting for ur reply.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This pdshow is truncated. Post the complete pdshow output along with the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log and DFM1.log.

when i execute a pdshow all outputs goes up in a window.Attached is the file.

there are many files in NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/ folder for DFM attached many pls refer which u need.

How can i send the full output of pdshow,what adjustment i have to do in command prompt window

You should be redirecting the output of pdshow to a file. For example:

pdshow > pdshow.txt

The problem here appears to be corrupt DFM.rps files. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and remove the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf. then restart Daemon Manager.

Joe

After removing those files i stopped and restarted the daemon but still there r no devices in DFM,

Do i have to do some extra job to pull from DCR.

LMS all processes takes 7 to 8 min to come up.

Thanks,

DFM server is still down. Post the new DFM logs.

from which locations clarke can u confirm

The same DFM logs as before. The DFM.log and DFM1.log from NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs.

Attached are the logs for DFM from the above mail location

This is fine. You posted an old pdshow. DFM doesn't automatically manage devices by default. So, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and make sure you have selected devices or groups to manage.

Clarke

Nil devices are present in DFM to import i have cheked by auto as well as manual it says me there no devices to import.

What do you see under DFM > Device Management > Discovery Status?

Please find the screen shots from the DFM

Do you have any devices in DCR? Is this server integrated with ACS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: