Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.1.0 on LMS 3.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi clarke,

Unable to pull devices from DCR CS 3.2.0 to DFM 3.1.0,In process always DFMServer is down and it is showing me 2 instance of DFMServer process i.e example DFMServer & DFMServer1 though when i restart it still get shutdown automatically.attaching the pdshow

Reply waiting for the solution.

29 Replies 29

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi clarke

Awaiting for ur reply.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This pdshow is truncated. Post the complete pdshow output along with the NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log and DFM1.log.

when i execute a pdshow all outputs goes up in a window.Attached is the file.

there are many files in NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/ folder for DFM attached many pls refer which u need.

How can i send the full output of pdshow,what adjustment i have to do in command prompt window

You should be redirecting the output of pdshow to a file. For example:

pdshow > pdshow.txt

The problem here appears to be corrupt DFM.rps files. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and remove the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf. then restart Daemon Manager.

Joe

After removing those files i stopped and restarted the daemon but still there r no devices in DFM,

Do i have to do some extra job to pull from DCR.

LMS all processes takes 7 to 8 min to come up.

Thanks,

DFM server is still down. Post the new DFM logs.

from which locations clarke can u confirm

The same DFM logs as before. The DFM.log and DFM1.log from NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs.

Attached are the logs for DFM from the above mail location

This is fine. You posted an old pdshow. DFM doesn't automatically manage devices by default. So, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import, and make sure you have selected devices or groups to manage.

Clarke

Nil devices are present in DFM to import i have cheked by auto as well as manual it says me there no devices to import.

What do you see under DFM > Device Management > Discovery Status?

Please find the screen shots from the DFM

Do you have any devices in DCR? Is this server integrated with ACS?