cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0: Programmatic CoS Modification

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 5.0(1), failover, CUCM 6.1(3), EX2k3, UM.

I am migrating subscribers from an existing 4.2 pair to a new 5.0 pair using GSM. The CoS from the subscriber template doesn't get paid attention to by GSM, and Bulk Edit doesn't touch the CoS. Does anyone have the SQL commands to programmatically modify subscribers? I have 1500 to change, so the manual process isn't an option. If direct modification of SQL isn't the answer, then what is?

Thanks,

Beau

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the COS page lets you change which COS users are assigned to pretty quickly - you don't have to change it on the subscriber page one at a time... changing COS assingment via SQL edits is a very tricky with the license count modification checks necessary to keep the system from potentially going out of compliance and into a shutdown mode - you don't want that (this is why BulkEdit doesn't go anywhere near it). The COS page in the SA is designed to make it a bit easier to change groups of users to new COS (i.e. all users in COS x can be moved to COS y) using the "reassign" radio button option - it should let you mass select users clicking on as many as you want. Not quite as robust as picking users by extension or alias string sub match etc... but quicker than one at a time certainly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the COS page lets you change which COS users are assigned to pretty quickly - you don't have to change it on the subscriber page one at a time... changing COS assingment via SQL edits is a very tricky with the license count modification checks necessary to keep the system from potentially going out of compliance and into a shutdown mode - you don't want that (this is why BulkEdit doesn't go anywhere near it). The COS page in the SA is designed to make it a bit easier to change groups of users to new COS (i.e. all users in COS x can be moved to COS y) using the "reassign" radio button option - it should let you mass select users clicking on as many as you want. Not quite as robust as picking users by extension or alias string sub match etc... but quicker than one at a time certainly.

Thanks Jeff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: