I'm trying to use Crystal Reports 2008 to connect to UCCX and I'm unable to do it without changing the SQL authentication mode to "mixed" but then that breaks the CRS historical reports. I think the problem is that the UCCX server is on a different domain. I've looked at every piece of documentation I can find but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?
Your solution is like so:
1) Create a local account on the CRS server, with the SAME username and SAME (current) password as the account you log on as in your AD domain when you are developing the reports.
2) In SQL Enterprise Manager, grant the local account permissions to db_cra.
3) Now create yourself a DSN on your workstation, set to use windows authentication. What happens is that the auth is passed through to the non-domain CRS server and you get access.
This is fairly standard SQL stuff for any scenario where you want domain accounts to have access to a non-domain SQL server. It comes up a lot for wallbaords etc.
Next problem is that the CRS HRC Admin /Dev guide is wrong - if you follow the instructions in there for developing reports it will never work in the HRC client.
- The manual says use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server'... you need to use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers'
- There's a load of stuff about copying dlls around and launching Crystal with a custom command line... none of this seems to do anything, and I don't do it.. and all my reports work.
Please rate helpful posts...