cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crystal Reports - UCCX 5.02

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use Crystal Reports 2008 to connect to UCCX and I'm unable to do it without changing the SQL authentication mode to "mixed" but then that breaks the CRS historical reports. I think the problem is that the UCCX server is on a different domain. I've looked at every piece of documentation I can find but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All

Your solution is like so:

1) Create a local account on the CRS server, with the SAME username and SAME (current) password as the account you log on as in your AD domain when you are developing the reports.

2) In SQL Enterprise Manager, grant the local account permissions to db_cra.

3) Now create yourself a DSN on your workstation, set to use windows authentication. What happens is that the auth is passed through to the non-domain CRS server and you get access.

This is fairly standard SQL stuff for any scenario where you want domain accounts to have access to a non-domain SQL server. It comes up a lot for wallbaords etc.

Next problem is that the CRS HRC Admin /Dev guide is wrong - if you follow the instructions in there for developing reports it will never work in the HRC client.

- The manual says use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server'... you need to use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers'

- There's a load of stuff about copying dlls around and launching Crystal with a custom command line... none of this seems to do anything, and I don't do it.. and all my reports work.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is not supported. You can modify or create additional Crystal XI reports; however, they must be executed with the Historical Reporting Client.

Historical Reporting Administrator and Developer Guide for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0(1)

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/programming/guide/uccx70hradmdev.pdf

This has been covered on the forum previously, such as here: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&topicID=.ee6fe12&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd40d77

Does "it's not supported" mean that it just doesn't work at all or that it's not supported by Cisco?

I guess I'm confused because I've looked at the document that you've linked to and it mentions after making some changes to the CRS directory for you to create a connection to the database within Crystal Reports and THAT is what I'm unable to do.

Well after re-reading that section (Creating a Report using Crystal Reports Version 11), I see where you are coming from. The Business Unit has always claimed that direct ODBC connectivity is not supported; however, this document clearly states otherwise, at least for report creation, and makes no mention of a restriction of SQL Server (instead of MSDE).

Are the username and password you are using the local administrator account on the CCX box?

Yeah, I've tried every combination of username and password I can think of. There's probably not a way around it without SQL authentication being in mixed mode or at least having the computers in the same domain.

You cannot add the CCX server to a domain; this is explicitly not supported. I would open a configuration assistance TAC case since this is documented.

Hi All

Your solution is like so:

1) Create a local account on the CRS server, with the SAME username and SAME (current) password as the account you log on as in your AD domain when you are developing the reports.

2) In SQL Enterprise Manager, grant the local account permissions to db_cra.

3) Now create yourself a DSN on your workstation, set to use windows authentication. What happens is that the auth is passed through to the non-domain CRS server and you get access.

This is fairly standard SQL stuff for any scenario where you want domain accounts to have access to a non-domain SQL server. It comes up a lot for wallbaords etc.

Next problem is that the CRS HRC Admin /Dev guide is wrong - if you follow the instructions in there for developing reports it will never work in the HRC client.

- The manual says use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server'... you need to use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers'

- There's a load of stuff about copying dlls around and launching Crystal with a custom command line... none of this seems to do anything, and I don't do it.. and all my reports work.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Awesome, that worked! I appreciate your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: