Views
Helpful
Replies

survivability in CVP comphrehensive mode

hari.kanan
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i am trying to implement survivability but here the survivability gets invoked only after 1 min and also after 6 or seven rings i get a system error message getting played.

Iam using cvp 7.0

has any one experienced this?

5 Replies 5

Luis Yrigoyen
Level 4
Level 4

Did you figure this out.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you trying to invoke the survivability in IVR or you would want the call to go to survivability if the call does not gets answered?

Regards,

Dass

Post your GW configuration, I have it working on hundreds of GWs fine.

HTH,

Chris

Post your GW configuration, I have it working on hundreds of GWs fine.

Agreed. There is a lot to configure in survivability - from the simple to the more complex. The simplest would be one DNIS for all failures, no time of day routing:

service cvp-survivability flash:survivability.tcl

param after-hours-agent0 8005551234

param setup-timeout 7

param alert-timeout

Now let's assume you have configured the RTCP reporting interval as 2000 millseconds

ip rtcp report interval 2000

and the multiples of the RTCP report transmission interval as 4.

ucc-sps-13(config-gateway)#timer receive-rtcp ?

<4-1000>  multiples of RTCP report transmission interval. Value of 5 Recommended

4 x 2000 = 8s. IOS multiplies this by a factor of 2 and that's the spread - between 8 and 16s.

The IOS gateway invokes the survivability action between 8 and 16 seconds for an active call with a WAN failure. If IOS detects the absence of both RTP and RTCP packets after 8s and before 16s it invokes the action of survivability defined by the service.

If yours is taking 60s you may have defined one of these params to give that timeout.

Check that you have loaded the application (or rebooted the router since installing the TCL) and check that survivability is defined on the POTS dial peer.

Regards,

Geoff

It's a bug: CSCth50439    survivability tcl script takes 60 seconds to kick in

I opened a TAC case and the engineer found it right away.

Symptom:

In a Cisco CVP solution installation it might be observed that the survivability tcl script takes 60 seconds to kick in on the gateway when the CVP server is down or unreachable.

Conditions:

When the CVP server is down or unreachable. So far seen in CVP versions 4.1 and 7.0.2.

Workaround:

comment out the following line in survivability.tcl:

# set fsm(any_state,ev_proceeding)              "StopTimer same_state"

and load the new file and service on the gateway, after that you can set the following under the survivability service to desired time in seconds to control the  time it takes to start the script.

param setup-timeout 

thanks again for all the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: