cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CSV subscriber report columns off from headers

pmaglinger
Level 1
Level 1

Running Cisco 4.2(1). When running a subscriber report as CSV, the information in the columns doesn't line up with the headers. Working with TAC, we've determined that the accounts that were set up in a previous version of Unity have the call handlers for the subscribers as "lastname, firstname" instead of "ch_useralias". When I try to open the CSV file, Excel gets confused by the addtional comma. My question is, and TAC was unable to say for sure, is there a way to rename the subscriber call handlers so this isn't a problem anymore (without hosing up Unity).

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

changing the alias of primary call handlers isn't supported - not sure right off hand if it would break anything but I'm betting it would. no existing tool touches aliases of existing primary handlers.

Can you use the subscriber information dump tool to get at the subscriber data you want? it'll always bound column output in quotes if it contains a comma which should make Excel happy.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

Hey! An answer from the man himself! Hope you're doing well. Been a long time since I met you at ActiveVoice. The table on the link you sent me doesn't mention that it's compatable with 4.2(x). Can you verify?

yes - I'll remember to add 4.2 to the list there the next time I update the site...

Thanks Jeff. Worked like a charm!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: