cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying 3845 PRI Timeslots

steve.sutton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on reconfiguration of a 3845 with 4 T1 interfaces (see attached config). 3 interfaces are currently configured, S0/0/1, 0/1/0 and 0/1/1. 2 of these are point-to point T1's and not of concern at this time. One of the interfaces (S0/1/1) is currently configured as a T1 PRI QSIG to provide gateway access between the CM6.1 and a legacy Toshiba 670. I need to activate the unused T1 as a T1 PRI to the Telco, and at the same time reconfigure the QSIG interface to reduce PRI timesolts from 23 to 13. DSPs are limited (1 PVDM2-48 to support T1's and HW XCODE), so in order to provide 23 channels to the Telco, I need to reduce the QSIG trunk capacity.

When I try to delete the QSIG interface to reconfigure the controller timesolts I get stuck in a circular error. Attmepting to delete the serial interface results in a error stating that I have to shut down the controller. When I try to shut down the controller, I get an error stating that I need to shutdown and delete the serial interface. Do I need to remove the echo cancellation coverage first? Are there other things I need to be considering?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

shutdown voice-port first. At that point you should be able to shutdown controller, remove pri-group, and recreate it.

If you get impatient, edit config file as needed, copy back to router with "conf over", reload.

This is the problem. I shutdown the serial interface (S0/1/1) first, and then try to modify the pri-timeslots on the controller. When I try to make any changes to the controller, it tells me to shut down the serial interface even though the running config shows the interface as shutdown.

Shutdown VOICE-PORT

Or use the other method I've described.

Got it. I was too focused on the serial interface. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.