cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying 3845 PRI Timeslots

steve.sutton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on reconfiguration of a 3845 with 4 T1 interfaces (see attached config). 3 interfaces are currently configured, S0/0/1, 0/1/0 and 0/1/1. 2 of these are point-to point T1's and not of concern at this time. One of the interfaces (S0/1/1) is currently configured as a T1 PRI QSIG to provide gateway access between the CM6.1 and a legacy Toshiba 670. I need to activate the unused T1 as a T1 PRI to the Telco, and at the same time reconfigure the QSIG interface to reduce PRI timesolts from 23 to 13. DSPs are limited (1 PVDM2-48 to support T1's and HW XCODE), so in order to provide 23 channels to the Telco, I need to reduce the QSIG trunk capacity.

When I try to delete the QSIG interface to reconfigure the controller timesolts I get stuck in a circular error. Attmepting to delete the serial interface results in a error stating that I have to shut down the controller. When I try to shut down the controller, I get an error stating that I need to shutdown and delete the serial interface. Do I need to remove the echo cancellation coverage first? Are there other things I need to be considering?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

shutdown voice-port first. At that point you should be able to shutdown controller, remove pri-group, and recreate it.

If you get impatient, edit config file as needed, copy back to router with "conf over", reload.

This is the problem. I shutdown the serial interface (S0/1/1) first, and then try to modify the pri-timeslots on the controller. When I try to make any changes to the controller, it tells me to shut down the serial interface even though the running config shows the interface as shutdown.

Shutdown VOICE-PORT

Or use the other method I've described.

Got it. I was too focused on the serial interface. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: