cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.1 > 7.0 - adschemasetup failure.

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

I am performing a Unity 4.1(1) to 7.0 migration with New Hardware. I have built the new server and have installed 4.1(1), imported the DiRT Restore and am running the 7.0 installation portion.

Running Permissions wizard indicated I need to run adschemasetup.exe

Running adschemasetup.exe results in the following error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: (100)

Event ID: 1000

Date: 8/3/2009

Time: 8:09:11 PM

User: N/A

Computer: HQDC02

Description:

Faulting application ADSchemaSetup.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ADSchemaSetup.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00008fb5.

The Windows 2003 server is 32-bit and was confirmed by running winmsd.exe - the processor is x86

The Windows 2003 server is holding the Schema Master Role - verifed by running mmc, adding Schama Master snapin and verifying the Operations Master.

When running adschemasetup.exe, I am not prompted for the Exchange Directory Monitor Checkbox. I do see an adschemasetup.log file created but no ldiff.log or ldiff.err.

I tell ya - I have the worst luck with Unity Migration/Installs

1 Reply 1

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

RESOLVED:

Following the advise of TAC, we used the fix for CSCsl48851:

With names changed to protect the unwitting:

Assume:

Domain = cr7.com

Schema Master = crybaby

fqdn = crybaby.cr7.com

I'm using the extracted DVD - not the actual DVD.

ldifde.exe -i -k -c "" "CN=Configuration,DC=cr7,DC=com" -s "crybaby" -f "C:\Downloads\CiscoUnity7.0.2-DVD1\Schema\LdifScripts\avdirmonex2k.ldf" -j "C:\UnityLogs"

Output from the cmd line was:

C:\>ldifde.exe -i -k -c "" "CN=Configuration,DC=cr7

,DC=com" -s "crybaby" -f "C:\Downloads\CiscoUnity7.0.2-DVD1\Schema\LdifScripts\av

dirmonex2k.ldf" -j "C:\UnityLogs"

Connecting to "crybaby"

Logging in as current user using SSPI

Importing directory from file "C:\Downloads\CiscoUnity7.0.2-DVD1\Schema\LdifScri

pts\avdirmonex2k.ldf"

Loading entries.................................................................

70 entries modified successfully.

The command has completed successfully

C:\>

So...HTH anyone else. Now for the rest of this upgrade - which, I'm sure, will take another "dive".

hehe...it just did - perm wizard is now reporting 27 errors....nice!

gnight

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: