cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

script to update prompts to media server automatically

jfeatherling
Level 1
Level 1

Having recently moved from Avaya to Cisco, I am looking for a way to provide my end users a way to update the media files realtime. In Avaya we provided a number to dial, 'password' through a vector, and the announcement number (so in this case it would be the prompt number). Has anyone found a way to write a CVP script that would do this and the move the updated prompt realtime out to the media servers automatically?

3 Replies 3

PATRICK WILD
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, this can be accomplished with a call studio script and use the built in ftp functions to post the wav files to the media server(s).

When I did this, I could not figure out how to use the built in FTP of the Recording Element. What you really want to do is FTP the file to 2 media servers, but the supplied element only allows 1 target. How did you address that?

I used the Recording Element without FTP then wrote a custom FTP element to push the file to a Media Server - I used this twice to cover both Media Servers.

Be aware of the caching configuration if you expect to hear this file play immediately.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the ideas...I actually have four media servers to get updated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: