a good start

Unanswered Question
Aug 3rd, 2009

Hi experts,

Currently we are looking into getting a software that we would like to have a single number that rings exclusively in in a certain location and then is escalated to other location members if the call is unanswered after x rings. in short, an ICD with voicemail support.

We currently have a CUCM [CM 4.1(3)sr3a] but our voicemail system is not of Cisco (other brand).

Now can someone pls. advise whats the best method and econimical too. And do we need additonal servers/hardware, versions, etc...

thnx

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
redrobish Tue, 08/04/2009 - 14:38

actually we are using that but we wanted to have some skill reporing and like.

how about sharing about the CRS (customer resvice response). what are are we needing to get this setup? etc.

tnx

Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 08/04/2009 - 16:05

Sure CCX can do Skills-based routing where you queue the call to one group of people (resources). If the call remains in queue for a defined period of time you can then queue it to an additional or different group of resources.

Note that CCX offers only a single contact to a resource at a time. This means that the first person is offered the call for X seconds, THEN the second person, and the third, etcetera; there is no "broadcast." Along the same lines, a resource can take only one call at a time and they cannot manually select or pull another contact out of the queue. CCX will offer them a contact based on the defined criteria.

Lastly, the version of CCX that is compatible with your version of CCM has reached End of Sale. You will need to upgrade to a current version of UCM before this product will be an option to you.

Solution Reference Network Design for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 7.0

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/design/guide/uccx70srnd.pdf

redrobish Tue, 08/04/2009 - 22:16

thanks for replying.

can we still use the old version even though it's eos? since it's downloadable in Cisco's site.

what about the licensing? do we need additional hardware? any step by step on how to?

thnx

Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 08/05/2009 - 06:10

No you can't (that's why I pointed out your upgrade prerequisite). The CCO download will only work when patching an existing installation. It also does not include the customized Windows OS install.

Licensing, hardware requirements, and a general product introduction are all covered within the SRND I provided a link to previously. Feel free to ask specific questions that arise from reading that and we can address them in turn.

redrobish Wed, 08/05/2009 - 15:55

actually we found a trace of Customer response application admin w/ ver 3.5(2).

it was there already setup and left by our previous administrator (cannot be contacted). Also found out that it says "Number Of Licensed IVR Ports : 4". So to login (which we don't know the login/password), we use this link to login into the admin:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00805a7acc.shtml --sol 1.

Now to move forward, what else we need to do to make this work? any links?

Thanks

Jonathan Schulenberg Fri, 08/07/2009 - 05:18

A few things that come to mind here:

1) That version of CRS/IPCC (now CCX) is ancient. I would strongly recommend against using it. You'll think CCX really sucks when in fact it's just an ancient version of it.

2) I'm going to guess that this is co-resident on your CCM server. This is no longer possible so be advised that this is a short-lived design.

3) You should work with your current partner to confirm that your CCM cluster hardware is properly sized to support this. Running IPCC co-resident takes a performance impact on the hardware.

4) If you weren't aware it existed, it was probably just installed for TAPS. This is a method of adding multiple phones to CCM more quickly.

Anyways, if you are dead-set on using this software there is plenty of documentation posted on Cisco.com. If I was your partner engineer I would tell you this is a bad idea though.

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Actions

This Discussion