Views
Helpful
Replies

uc500 config blank after upgrade with UC520-7.1.1a-ea.zip

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i have cisco uc520 and i have upgraded from 7.0.3 to 7.1.1 using cca, but after the reboot i noticed something wrong because the pc can't connect to the network for too long and i have checked via console what's happening and....the startup config was wasted and i was fortunate to have stored a startup config of the uc in my pc with tftp.

Someone else have experienced this? HOw can this be possible? Now i'm trying to make a restore of the old sw with cca and i'm crossing my fingers!!!

Best Regards,

Carlo S.

4 Replies 4

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Carlo,

Can you identify the issues that you noticed in the start-up config? The only main difference between these two software packs is the IOS image.

-Saurabh

The only thing i can say about it is that the startup config was wasted if i try to make a sh start i get a uncompress error and the config isn't showed.

Now i have attached a config i have saved (fiuuu i have made a heavy sweat!!!) and all is working but now i have problem with the tftp-server list of files and files really installed on the flash...there is something i can do to replace all the file in the tftp-server list with the right files? DO it manually can take a very long time, if i try to do the sw update to the version 7.0.3 it can correct the problem about the list of files in the tftp-server?

Thanks and best regards,

Carlo S.

Hi Carlos,

I have attached a txt file for you, just remember you will need to change the file names if they are different to what i have in the txt file, so please check them before you copy it over to your system.

The steps you need to take:

1. Log into the system via CLI

2. Go Executive mode (Enabled mode)

3. Type "conf t" at the command line (Without the ")

4. Type tftp-server, then enter

5. Copy over the txt from that file to the command line, however as per the above instruction please make sure you adjust the file names to suit the files that are stored on the flash card itself.

I have seen your problem before, but that was only with CCA-2.0 beta when i was testing it out, have not seen it since, check your version of CCA and make sure you have the latest one.

As per normal, before any upgrade is done you should do the following:

1. Use a program like putty, log into the CME and capture all the data buy using putty's append to log capabilities, this will allow you to capture the running config and make a backup of it.

2. Log into the CUE/CME GUI web, default should be http://10.1.10.1 however if you have changed it or customized it in anyway then make sure you have that reflected, go to administration and do a backup of your CUE (This i consider to be vital).

I know CCA should do all this for you, but seriously are you one to take that risk?? As I.T professionals our instincs should be to do the default thing and that is to have as many backups as possible, never rely on one single thing to get you through (Learn that one the hard way).

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT]

I failed to mention that if you want to do a backup of your CUE via the WEB GUI, then you will need a program like 3Cdaemon to run as a tftp server, you can find 3cdaemon here: http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the reply,

i have resolved reinstalling again all with cca and now all is working fine!!! I have updated also the locale on the phones and all seems to work fine!

Thanks again and best regards,

Carlo S.

P.S.

Attention!!!

The ios in version 7.1.1 i think have some problem, after the upgrade all seems to work fine but after 5 or 6 minutes the uc made a reset showing a strange error(sorry i don't have saved the message..) something like seg-v error, i do't remember very well.

I have made an ios update(the old friend copy tftp flash) with the version provided in 7.0.3 sw image and all seems to work fine now.