Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID support on FXO trunks in Australia

peter.konstek
Level 1
Level 1

Gday all.

I have a few UC520 installations in Perth now and none of them seem to bring up the caller id information on any of the FXO trunks. The Called ID works well on the sip trunks.

Is there something that is missing from the factory configurations from CCA to get it to work?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pete,

Assuming the boxes were configured with CCA, this should work automatically.  If you have configured the boxes uses CLI, make sure you have 'caller-id enable' and 'cptone AU' configured under the corresponding voice ports.

Also, I know this sounds obvious, but I have had quite a few cases recently where the telco swears blind that caller id is enabled on the FXO lines for the first three or four times they get asked, only to finally 'discover' that it has somehow become disabled on the fifth or sixth request.  If you are sure of the config, it is always a good idea to plug in a caller-id enabled handset or a butt set to prove the point.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pete,

Assuming the boxes were configured with CCA, this should work automatically.  If you have configured the boxes uses CLI, make sure you have 'caller-id enable' and 'cptone AU' configured under the corresponding voice ports.

Also, I know this sounds obvious, but I have had quite a few cases recently where the telco swears blind that caller id is enabled on the FXO lines for the first three or four times they get asked, only to finally 'discover' that it has somehow become disabled on the fifth or sixth request.  If you are sure of the config, it is always a good idea to plug in a caller-id enabled handset or a butt set to prove the point.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave

Here is the config...

voice-port 0/1/0
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
cptone AU
timeouts call-disconnect 0
timeouts wait-release 1
connection plar opx 690
impedance complex1
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/0-Custom-OP
caller-id enable

Guess it "should work"...

Ok... ill go back to telstra and get them to check it out.....

Cheers

That config looks fine.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Peter,

Make sure that Telstra enable it on all lines if they are not part of a Hunt Group (Exchange end).

And do not close of the request with Telstra untill you have tested the lines and seen the CID come up, otherwise you have to start from the begining again with a new CSO, who wont have a clue what your on about, and will end up stuffing your request up, i have experienve with this LOL :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

HI David

Thanks for the advice. We have gone back to commander who do the lines. Fingers crossed all will go well. They are in a hunt so do i need to know anything else with this?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

It is my understanding that Commander went into Administration, i would at a guess say that someone has purchased that side of the business or the Administrators are keeping it running due to interested parties.

Anyway, make sure you get a referrence number, on top of that follow it up the next day i would again at a guess think they would be running at reduced capacity and may require some following up.

BTW: I believe commander used more then one carrier, AAPT-Powertel (Who are one in the same now really), Telstra and Optus at stome stage, each carrier handles their call waiting differently, and i have had it with Telstra and AAPT that when caller ID was enabled, they also enabled Call Waiting which in turn turned off the Hunting at the Exchange, and to make you laugh about it, it happen not just once, or twice but a grand tottal now of 8 times, so please keep an eye out for this, if your customers call advising you they are having troubles getting through, please beleive them :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: