cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPC-IM not working

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that cannot get their IM to work after having the pc re-imaged but can make phone calls/send emails via UPC. I tested through the VPN with my PC and it works fine. We are using CUCM 6.1.2, CUPS 7.0(1.13056) - I did create a report from their client and saw in the "resiplog.txt" file the error:

got a sip message: SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable.

Also this error in UnifiedClientLog4CXX.txt: CSuaCallControlManager.Singleton.Asynchronous::CProxyRegistrationHelper::onFailure[3561] - Failed to register! error-code: 503, msg: 'Service Unavailable'. Retry in 20 second(s).

The user was built the same as my client, not sure where to look other than re-installing the client and try again.

Thanks for any help.

John

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Did you try the same account on different computers?

Did the problem follow the account?

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hello Michael,

The user did get it work after connecting to their home Time Warner cable modem and going through our VPN. They were using a broadband card at first, not sure if there was an issue with the card. I will test with her today once she comes into the office with my Verizon broadband card and respond with my findings. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: