Views
Helpful
Replies

Inactive status E1 VWIC-2MFT-G703 - Comments

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Have a 2811 router with VWIC-2MFT-G70 along with e1 issue.. two e1s bundled were fine for a while, then one e1 kept having lots of line code violations and stay hard down inactive, provider kept telling me all is fine from smart jack to provider far end circuit accross mpls, so I ended up replacing the WIC card with new one, problem seemed to have gone away until recently last week same issue, E1 port went into inactive again. provider checks and tells me all is fine with circuit from smart jack to other side of circuit.

I have replaced cables with new ones to no joy, provider tech finds nothing wrong with physical based on their loop test from smart-jack device towards provider far end.

anything you could share to roubleshoot this issue to be %100 certain is not the router WIC,perhaps to send the issue back to circuit provider sales rep.

This is a remote site real far away in Hon-Kong so I have to be very cautious troubleshooting this issue remotely.

The one test I have not yet done is to do a hard loop on the port or swap the circuits at the router to see if the other e1 port off the WIC comes up at least to rule out the WIC card.. I cannot seem to understand why would e1 be fine to then go into hard down while provider tells me is ok at their end.

when issue show controllers e1 it tells me "Receiver has remote alarm “ - searching around I have found… that ” A receive remote alarm indicator (Yellow) means the far end equipment has a problem with the signal it is receiving from the upstream equipment” so does this means the E1 port off my router is not sending proper signaling? -it sounds to me this is the case. Would a hard loop resolve this alarm indicator and bring the circuit to active .

E1 0/0/0 is up.

Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

Description: ID XXXXXXXXXXX

No alarms detected.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20060623, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0

Framing is CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware is 320.

Data in current interval (297 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

34 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

34 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 45 15 minute intervals):

3 Line Code Violations, 5 Path Code Violations,

4575 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 2 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

4578 Errored Secs, 1 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

E1 0/0/1 is down.

Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced

Description: ID XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Receiver has remote alarm.

alarm-trigger is not set

Version info Firmware: 20060623, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0

Framing is CRC4, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.

CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware is 320.

Data in current interval (298 seconds elapsed):

0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 298 Unavail Secs

Total Data (last 45 15 minute intervals):

0 Line Code Violations, 6 Path Code Violations,

0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,

0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 40500 Unavail Secs

IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.T.bin

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you should configure network-clock-select to eliminante slips from the 1st E1.

This said, you can issue shut/no shut under controller E1 to see if that brings the circuit back in service. If it doesn't, you can reload the router. If still problems, it is a true circuit fault.

Paolo, thanks again for your help! you helped me once long ago with these type of cards. always good to have you here.

I have issued network-clock-select 1 e1 0/0/0

is this correct based on the up E1.

As for the shut/no shut in controller interface I did that part, and reloaded router over the weekend after provider finished their checking.. that did not help either.

I will conduct one last test inverting the circuit connections on the router from the good E1 to the one down.. and provide update..

Thanks again

regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi, ask telco to come onsite with their own router, at that point they will have to admit something is faulty.

Yes your network clock select is now correct.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

If you have a loopback plug it will allow telco to test thru the smartjack. Otherwise telco is only testing the first half of the smartjack. Since you have replaced cables and the wic card you should request telco come onsite and clear the demarc. While the telco tech is at your site he can put up a hard loop facing your router aswell.

Thank you for suggestions - I am just waiting for right time to test this issue, will surely provide update on outcome .

-regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco