cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP power question

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I think we posted this discussion in the wrong area, so I am posting this again.

We have a customer who needs several of the standalone wireless AP's for three facilities.  Which power adapters do I need to make them work, absent a POE switch?  I'm assuming the part number options below all apply - just need to know which ones can be used off the existing switch and which ones need power within proximity of the AP location?

AIR-PWRINJ3=
AIR-PWR-A=
AIR-PWRINJ-FIB=
AIR-CONCAB1200=

Thanks,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AIR-CONCAB1200= is a serial console cable... do you have another number you were looking at?

The FIB models are fiber to copper, I doubt you need that.

Go for...

AIR-PWRINJ3

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please mention the Model number of the AP you are looking at, is it the AP521 ?

Yes it's a AIR-AP521G-A-K9

We're just wondering what part number do we need to power the AP - keeping in mind there is no POE switch.

Thank you,

Stacy

AIR-CONCAB1200= is a serial console cable... do you have another number you were looking at?

The FIB models are fiber to copper, I doubt you need that.

Go for...

AIR-PWRINJ3

Just the 4 we listed from the SBCS pricing tool...  which you've mentioned 3.

So we'll do the one you recommend AIR-PWRINJ3

Thanks!

Stacy

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Are these for AP 521's?

If yes, this needs to be a an 802.3af power source.  Not all power injectors are 802.3af compliant.

Not exactly what you need, but this page list several of them down lower in the page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/controller/deployment/guide/dep.html

Hopefully this will give you the right idea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: