Connection 7x - CUDLI Tools crash after running a Query

Unanswered Question
Aug 4th, 2009

Hi,

We try to push in Bulk some update to notificationdevicesmtp. I didnt found the possibilities to do it trought Bulk Edit, or Bulk none of the tool Allow the full control of all option possible for a Notification device ?

Did I miss something?

Anyway, here the query I tried in Query Builder:

UPDATE tbl_notificationdevicesmtp

SET phonenumber == '6667778888'

WHERE smtpaddress == '[email protected]'

Return :

Run-Time error '5':

Invalid Procedure call or argument

Record Affected=1, click OK, then CUDLI crash and Close

Do I'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Edit:

PS: The phonenumber is updated correctly in the table. and the help files doesnt work.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tana Franko Tue, 08/04/2009 - 17:16

I can't help with the CUDLI stuff, but in the Bulk Administration Tool, you can use the SmtpAddress_TextPager1 and

PhoneNumber_TextPager1 fields to modify the To and From settings respectively for the SMTP notification device.

These are mentioned here but unfortunately the descriptions for the notification fields are not very helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmacappa.html#wp1073311

5mgagnon Wed, 08/05/2009 - 09:59

Hi,

Thanks, You are rigth, when I go trought the help files 2 weeks ago, I didnt catch that `PhoneNumber_TextPager1" was for FROM in the SMTP notification. Not very clear :)

PhoneNumber_TextPager1

- The user text pager number.

Any combination of ASCII only alphanumeric characters, hyphens, underscores, periods, at signs ("@"), commas and hashes (#), up to a maximum of 40 characters.

I was looking to also change the Statictext in the notification. This one is not somewhere under a "weird" name in BULK ADmin ?

Martin

Tana Franko Wed, 08/05/2009 - 10:09

No, unfortunately it looks like the message text setting is not there. (I created a test account and set the field to "messagetext" in the SA, then did an export in BAT, and I don't see messagetext anywhere in the export output.)

5mgagnon Wed, 08/05/2009 - 10:53

Can you make this a Feature Request to the BU.

Allow for modification of all option in Bulk Admin and Bulk Edit

That would be nice

Thanks

Martin

Tana Franko Wed, 08/05/2009 - 15:45

Martin, I went ahead and filed CSCtb20201 as an enhancement request against 7.x. Although I can't speak to whether the request will be addressed in the 7.x versions, I will say that a rework to the bulk modification support is slated for the following release line which looks like it will address this nicely.

Regards,

Tana

lindborg Wed, 08/05/2009 - 12:29

couple things here.

1. Doing direct table updates like that is bad style - it can cause FK constrain errors and such - you should always go through the stored procs when changing data. CUDLI has a whole sub system for doing stored proc calls for this reason.

2. Not sure what version of CUDLI you're working with here.

Hi Lindborg,

I know this post is growing mold but I'm getting the same error type but with 'Record Affected=0', although the record is updated appropriately.  Afterward CUDLI crashes.  I'm running CUCX 8.5.1 with the latest CUDLI which I downloaded today (3.0.62).  I also downloaded and watched your tutorials which were awesome - thank you!  You made it very clear that the stored procs should be used at all times which I will certainly be sure to stick by, but you did also mention that you've used the query builder to execute the stored procs.  The query builder is where I'm getting the error.  I build the procedure in the stored proc tool with the required info and the field that I'm updating, then input the syntax into the query builder.  I'm just testing now on our lab server with a simple query to update the state field for a subscriber.  Ultimately I'm looking for a way to update the caller input option "0" for a couple hundred subscribers at a clip, but I need to walk before I run .

I've posted here to avoid duplicating posts but if you'd prefer I can open a new one as well.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Marty

Actions

This Discussion