Views
Helpful
Replies

Selectively update Phone Firmware

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

To all VoIP gurus,

My customer currently have a CUCM 5.x that would need to be upgraded to CUCM 7.x. They have a central site with all the CUCM servers, along with 10 remote locations with SRST VGs.

Because of the WAN bandwidth limitation for the 10 x remote offices, is there any easy way where i can first upgrade all the phones on 'remote site A', then 'remote site B', then follow by 'remote site C' etc without going into each phone and change it on the phone firmware selection for each of their 1,000+ phones??

Would appreciated any help.

Cheers,

Hunt

1 Reply 1

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Hunt,

You will have to use BAT:

1/ With BAT, configure the current "Phone Load" on every phone. Then they won't upgrade their Firmware after the upgrade to 7.

2/ Site after site, also with BAT, clear the phone load parameter on every phones of the site. Only these phones will upgrade.

You can also try to enable the "Peer Firmware Sharing" on the phone configuration page, after the upgrade to CUCM 7. I've never used it, but it's been created for WAN Bandwidth limitations problem during Firmware Upgrade.

jp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: