Helpful
Replies

ACL assistance

bulgogi09
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Attached is my configuration.

What I want to have happen is the 192.168.1.x users that originate traffic on the 'interface BVI1' to ping out on the Internet to any IP address.

I do not want anyone on the Internet to be able to ping my DHCP address from Comcast on Fa4.

Is that possible?

I only have one static NAT translation:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.10 3389 interface FastEthernet4 3389

Thank you.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chinkevi_2
Level 1
Level 1

hello, if your fa4 is internet facing you could add an inbound acl to block any traffic you don't want to participate in a service, like dhcp and ping.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

chinkevi_2
Level 1
Level 1

hello, if your fa4 is internet facing you could add an inbound acl to block any traffic you don't want to participate in a service, like dhcp and ping.

chinkevi,

That part is easy. But when I do that the ICMP return packets originating from the LAN side are blocked.

bulgogi09
Level 1
Level 1

This has been resolved.

All that was needed was this:

!

interface FastEthernet4

ip address dhcp

ip access-group deny_in in

ip nat outside

!

!

ip nat inside source list 100 interface FastEthernet4 overload

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.10 3389 interface FastEthernet4 3389

!

ip access-list extended deny_in

deny icmp any host xx.xx.124.200 echo

permit ip any any

!

So all ICMP activity to my public IP address is blocked while all internal computers 192.168.1.x can ping/traceroute outbound.

right, good to figure that out. I was going to suggest cbac if the router support the feature and able to handle the load.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card