Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Store Config Wizard fails when trying to alter storage location

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer, in their infinite wisdom, have moved all the user mailboxes to a new server. The new Exchange server (CLN-VEX01) is in same AD and same Administrative Group as the old (BEC-VEX01), so I thought I should just be able to run the Message Store Config Wizard in the Add/Remove Programs. However, I get the following error:

Failed seaching for Unity_BEC-VM01 in Active Directory Global Catalogue. The SVR record may be mising from the DNS table.

Has anyone seen this error before and can give guidance on how to correct?

Can I just go through registry of the Unity server and amend all the BEC-VEX01 entries to be CLN-VEX01?

Many thanks

Chris

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

Is the new Exchange the same version/patch level as the old? Did you run the Permissions Wizard against the new Exchange server? See the steps for changing the partner Exchange server at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge050.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the advice.

I have rerun Permissions Wizard and all was OK. I reran the Message Store Config and it still failed. I have since gone through registry and changed any values from old Exchange server to new and all works fine. Unity answers. records and delivers to correct mailbox.

My problem has now moved .... all appears well, until I noticed through the SA web pages that I can't change any subscriber info as system says it can't find the DC of the domain. If I run DAD, no errors ???

Regards

Chris

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris

The Unity_servername account & mailbox is created in your AD and the mailbox resides on the Exchange partner server. Is the old Exchange server still online? You need to move the mailbox to the new Exchange server's mailstore, then run the Message Store Configuration wizard as provided nicely by Brandon. Check your AD for this account using ADUC - can do this from Unity server. The account may have been hidden from the GAL, which could be why the global catalog error message is coming up. For sure, you want to confirm the account exists.

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for the advice.

I have rerun Permissions Wizard and all was OK. I reran the Message Store Config and it still failed. I have since gone through registry and changed any values from old Exchange server to new and all works fine. Unity answers. records and delivers to correct mailbox.

My problem has now moved .... all appears well, until I noticed through the SA web pages that I can't change any subscriber info as system says it can't find the DC of the domain. If I run DAD, no errors ???

Regards

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: