Could not Collect RME

Unanswered Question
Aug 5th, 2009

Dear all,

i m getting the following error, how can i rectify this

TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 192.168.209.44 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.Could not detect protocols running on the device VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rajiv Dasmohapatra Wed, 08/05/2009 - 05:17

chk whether u are able to login to device from ciscoworks and also check whether u are able to do so using the username provided to CW. disable RCP and tftp. SSH and telnet is enough for all.

luijimen Wed, 08/05/2009 - 15:06

Hi.

The error means that the Primary Credentials (cli credentials) specified for this specific device are incorrect.

Manually telnet to the device and take note of the username/password/enable password you use to reach ENABLE mode.

Then, specify these values under Primary Credentials in Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

Make sure to select your affected device and click "Edit Credentials".

networking11 Thu, 08/06/2009 - 02:35

one main thing i forget to say is , i m adding the same devices int ACS 4.2& giving different user names for different groups,

Could i have to give the /local user of the Device or Remote user like given for Lms Server (ie rcp user)

ilnaiduccna Thu, 08/06/2009 - 05:39

Hi,

You can use any user which able to login the device.

Make sure you are give right username, password and SNMP string.

Regards,

Naidu.

Actions

This Discussion