Helpful
Replies

Could not Collect RME

networking11
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i m getting the following error, how can i rectify this

TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 192.168.209.44 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.Could not detect protocols running on the device VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP.

4 Replies 4

chk whether u are able to login to device from ciscoworks and also check whether u are able to do so using the username provided to CW. disable RCP and tftp. SSH and telnet is enough for all.

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

The error means that the Primary Credentials (cli credentials) specified for this specific device are incorrect.

Manually telnet to the device and take note of the username/password/enable password you use to reach ENABLE mode.

Then, specify these values under Primary Credentials in Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

Make sure to select your affected device and click "Edit Credentials".

one main thing i forget to say is , i m adding the same devices int ACS 4.2& giving different user names for different groups,

Could i have to give the /local user of the Device or Remote user like given for Lms Server (ie rcp user)

Hi,

You can use any user which able to login the device.

Make sure you are give right username, password and SNMP string.

Regards,

Naidu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco