cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debugging cisco 7921

karl.dorme
Level 1
Level 1

It's possible to start some tracing on a cisco 7921 and to send this info to a syslog.... very nice, but is there somewhere, somehow a reference where you can find some more info on the messages you get in the debugging ? f.e. I have Skinny_Get_IPconnect: Could NOT getGNetutilVarVal! and a lot of other stuff but can't find any docu on this output...

4 Replies 4

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no doc to assist with understanding the logs per say.

Most of the logs are pretty straight forward, but some may not be.

Are you having issues or you are just interested in understanding the logs better?

I want to understand the logs better ...

Sometimes a user is complaining, and I would like to know f.e. if there are coverage issues or if it's the phone radio etc etc etc ....

Ok, but is not recommended to enable debug or syslog unless troubleshooting an issue as it could degrade quality and performance.

For coverage issues, can simply https to the phone and check the RSSI and CU in the WLAN information page.

We don't debug 'all' phones, only we would like to enable debugging for troubleshooting i.o. replacing them without knowing why ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card