Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy calls between branch in a callmanager 7

andresfmg
Level 1
Level 1

HI;

How can i deploy a solution with one callmanager v7, that managment 3 Branch and HQ with one callmanager, i created partitions y calling search space for each branch and HQ, but how can communicate this extension for each brach if there arent in the same partition...they cant communicate, if there is another way to do it, pls...

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way to do this is to have all phones in the same partition called "INTERNAL" or something similar. Then assign a calling search space to each phone that includes this internal partition. This assumes that it is acceptable for all phones to call any other phone. You would then create route patterns for each site that route calls out gateways local to the site (if available) and put these in site specific partitions. The calling search space assigned to the phones at each site would have access to the INTERNAL partition as well as the site specific partitions to assigned to the route patterns for that site.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Like Brandon said, there a couple ways to do this.

For example:

Site1_phones_PT

Site2_Phones_PT

Site3_Phones_PT

Site1_Internal_CSS

Site1_Phones_PT

Site2_Phones_PT

Site3_Phones_PT

Site2_Internal_CSS

Site1_Phones_CSS

Site2_Phones_CSS

Site3_Phones_CSS

Site3_Internal_CSS

Site3_Internal_CSS

Site1_Internal_CSS

Site2_Internal_CSS

(which is one way to do it)

Can not be any overlapping DNs with this type of setup.

The other way of course,

all_phones_PT

All_internal_CSS

all_phones_PT.

Everyline, every phone will have this.

Then break out the CSS to hit the correct Route Pattern for their local gateway.

Anyways, personally, I tend to break it out with the "Lock and Key" method. To me it's simple, it may be work, but easier to control. There are other methods that I have not used such as local route groups and now something in 7.1 called geo partitions I think??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: