cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pass T1 traffic onto the HSSI

steven.tang
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this type of quesiton. I am looking for help with regards to how to configure the T1 so that its traffic can be passed onto the HSSI interface.

Thanks,

Steven

9 Replies 9

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Steven-

Are you saying you have a T1 coming in to your facility but you only have a HSSI interface in your router?

Collin,

First of all thanks for responsing to this question. Basically the router has a T1 interface (PA-MC-2T1) and an HSSI interface. We want traffic coming in from the T1 be routed to the HSSI and then from the HSSI to other device. We can see traffic coming into the T1 but there was no traffic passing from T1 to the HSSI interface.

Thanks,

Steven

Gotch ya. This sounds more like a routing problem. Can you throw together a quick diagram with IP's?

Here is the diagram per your request.

thanks,

Steven

I'm sorry I don't understand the diagram. What are the modems? This is a point-to-point T1 between Router R and Router H correct? And you want traffic to flow through the modems? How are the modems connected?

If you look at the buttom of either Router (R) or Router (H) you will see an ATM (DS-3 or OC-3). Traffic coming into the ATM is then routed to the HSSI interface. We are able to pass the atm traffic over the HSSI and across the modem end to end. However, when we try to do the same with the T1 we are not able to duplicate it.

It's getting clearer now. Are you running a routing protocol? I assume the T1's are up and functional?

Since this is in the lab environment, we are using static route and the T1 is up and running.

Am I correct that the T1 is a backup to the modem line? How are you testing traffic flows? The route on R1 an H1 should have a higher administrative via the T1 versus the modem link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card