Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 and CM

hi,

1. I could not get end host details in UT for clients connected to autonomous AP.

2. will the topology change realtime if i change something in the network structure.

3. i am not getting the syslogs /traps if one of my stacked switch is down.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2. Campus Manager > Administration > Data Collection > Device Poller. Devices can be added to the critical devices poller from the topology may or the N-Hop View portlet.

3. snmp-server enable traps stackwise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. In order to get end hosts on autonomous APs, the APs need to be configured for multiple VLANs, and you need to have "Enable User Tracking on Access Points" checked under Campus Manager > Administration > User Tracking > Acquisition.

2. No. Campus relies on polling to see if things change. By default, devices and links are polled every two hours. There is a critical devices poller as well which polls every five minutes by default. This poller has a limit of 30 devices.

3. Campus Manager is not a fault management application. It doesn't process syslog messages, and it only processes traps relating to MAC address notification changes. In order to get notified about stack members being down, you would need to be sending stackwise traps to the DFM server. The events would show up int the DFM Alerts and Activities Display.

1. thanks.

2. where can i find the critical device poller settings.

3. yes, what i was asking was i am not getting the traps/syslogs for any change in the stacked switches in the alerts and activities in DFM. do i have to enable any extra commands in the snmp-server traps command.

2. Campus Manager > Administration > Data Collection > Device Poller. Devices can be added to the critical devices poller from the topology may or the N-Hop View portlet.

3. snmp-server enable traps stackwise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: