Helpful
Replies

communication between MDS C9134 and C9222i

omer.kanse
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

need your help to fix my setting.

I have bought now the good 10GBFC Module for connexion between MDS C9134 and C9222i. the trunking is OK between the 2 switches.

But we have Vsan with zone on each MDS but they cannot communicate.

Please find in attach my setting.

Waiting for your feedback urgently

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Which VSAN are you having problems with? I can see zones in VSAN 4 on OCI-SWLUMNBKE-01, but I don't see VSAN 4 created on CIT-SWIRP1NBK-01.

Regards,

Roman

Dear Roman,

I have ceated VSAN3 on first MDS c9134 and put on it (a host fc1/3 and a Robot fc1/7, and on the other site I have a host (fc1/3 in VSAN4 on c9222i)which need to reach the robot on the first site.And then, I have the 2 peers (fc1/33 c9134 and fc2/1 c9222i) in VSAN 1. So I don't see proagation of Vsan like VLAN on Local Area Network. I am very new on SAN.

Perhaps, my design is not good, can I use only Vsan 1 to solve problem? I try it but NOK.

have you any idea?

Hello Omer,

Yes, you got it right, LANs are very different from SANs. VLAN concept is similar to VSAN, but there are a few differences. First of all, there is no concept of LAN's VTP in Cisco's SAN-OS (NX-OS). You need to manually create VSANs on all switches. Secondly, "inter VSAN routing (IVR)" is not automatic. You have to configure IVR vsan-topology and IVR zones+zoneset. But in your case, maybe you could just put all devices into the same VSAN and simply control communication between devices using zones. Yes, you could use only VSAN 1 to solve it. Place everything into VSAN 1 and configure zones in VSAN 1 on one of the switches. Place zones into zoneset, activate it, and active zoneset will automatically propagate in VSAN 1 to the other switch.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Roman

Dear Roman,

I have set only un VSAN on each MDS Switch, with a zone also ans only Zonzset set on MDS c9222 and "activate it and distribute it".Now everything is OK.

Thank a lot for your support.

Regards

Pboidi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: