Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection 7x - HA Sub can't fine Pub

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am going through the install of the secondary server in a Connecion 7.1(2) Cluster. When I get to the part where it asks for the hostname, IP and security password of the publisher it kicks back an error saying it cannot communicate with the Pub, make sure it is powered on.

I can ping both servers, I can ssh to both servers. I can ping the the sub from the pub. I have gone as far as putting a cheap linksys switch between the two and still no joy.

I did verify the the NTP is properly synced. I reset the the SP on the pub and rebooted. I have configured the secondary server in the cluster per the document. There has to be something simple I am missing, but no clue what it might be.

Any help is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On your Publisher cuadmin, go to System Settings - Cluster. Click Add New. Add the following information for the Subscriber - IP address, MAC address, and Description of your cluster. Resave the information if already there. Do both servers show up in this screen? Do both servers show up when you check this same area on your Subscriber?

Ginger

Already been done, and yes they both appear.

Hi - Here is a link to the cluster troubleshooting guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg080.html#wp1052957

Another thing I would check is in Serviceability - Service Management - On the Control Center - Feature Services page, under Status Only Services, confirm that the Connection Server Role Manager service has the Started service status.

Ginger

The servers had to be re-ordered with the 146GB drives inorder to support High Availability. Since the servers were spec'd by Cisco I am going under the assumption they support HA. There are only 2 servers and it is not BE. The service is started.

Eventually the fix was doing the install until it was successful. the only thing different about the last attemp was I only uploaded the license file for the primary server. Once the secondary was up, I loaded the license file for that one. Not sure what happened, but pretty sure I don't like it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: