Hello we are running Verizon SIP into CUBE gateways and have run into the following issue:
Verizon's techs are testing with this sequence:
- Call gets connected with G729 codec. Both parties hear each other fine
- Verizon tech sends a fax tone through the line.
- Verizon's gateway sends a G711 request to CUBE gateway, and the call gets distorted.
- If we remove the G711 option, the CUBE gateway doesnt respond to the G711 request and the call will drop after 2 minutes.
So on our end, what needs to happen is:
- If Verizon sends us a G711 request, our CUBE router/gateway should send a REJECT back to Verizon, so that the call stays G729, however what the CUBE gateway is doing is just sitting there and not responding, causing Verizon to disconnect the call after 2 minutes because it is not getting a response.
- Upon doing further research, Cisco had come back and told us that the renegotiation issue was fixed in 12.4.20.T2, which is what we are running on all the CUBE gateways.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.