SIP Configuration with MyNetFone

Unanswered Question
Aug 5th, 2009

Hi All,

I am having a great deal of difficulty with one particular ITSP and it seems only on the UC-500, not getting the same issue with a 2800 series setup at all.

The UC-500 was configured using CCA, and the other systems this SIP account has been used on have all been installed via CLI, this is so far the major difference i can find between the devices, however i am not sure what CCA puts in place to make SIP trunks not work off the bat.

The issue is that i can not establish an outbound call, i am not overly intersted in the inbound at this stage, but primarly the outbound calls, previously Dave Harper assisted with this, however the problem has rared its ugly head again, but this time nothing is working to resolve the problem.

In the attached Debugg i see a bad request there, however i am unable to work out exactly what this is for, i have also worked on the Voice Class coded to use the preferred Codec that MNF use (G729br8--- Which i don't know why), and i have made sure that all the dial-peers are correct.

The thing is, if i remove it and use one of our other SIP trunk providers, it fires off straight away.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, i have looked over the debug file so much i think i just need a break from it as i am cerain i am missing the most smallest of details that is causing the problem.



I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Maulik Shah Wed, 08/05/2009 - 22:52

In this case we may need to check with my net fone on why the 400 Bad Request gets sent - typically the 400 Bad Request message has some more info such as "Missing From header" or "Malformed SDP" etc which provides a clue but this is fairly generic.

If you say this works with the 2800 - couple of questions:

- can you compare the SIP INVITEs in both cases or provide a debug log from the 2800

- is IOS version the same for both devices

- comparing the voice service voip / sip-ua / dial-peer configs would also help for any diffs

What do you mean by if you remove it and use one of our other SIP trunk providers - you mean using something other than mynetfone which does not require G729br8?

David Trad Wed, 08/05/2009 - 23:50

Hi Maulik,

Thanks for your reply.

I think the problem is related to the ITSP and the way things are handled by them, am now in the process of working through a trouble ticket process with them to try and resolve the problem.

It woudl appear as though their SIP Proxy is rejecting us for some reason, if this is a problem related to the way the UC-500 is talking to them i will let you guys know, i also have to look at what happens when i downgrade the system back to 20T IOS, i am currently using 24T and i need to make sure that this is not the cause of the problem as well.



David Trad Fri, 08/07/2009 - 16:03


The problem has been resolved, it would appear that port 5060 was not functionaing the way it should have been, we still have not entirley narrowd down exactly where theproblem stemmed from, but i suspect that there was some funky routing going on at some of switches in our office, and i was advised that it was the way CCA did the ACL (Hardly think so).

So i know now to check with the other engineers in the office if they have been playing around with the routing and port forwarding, no one likes to admit to making changes these days but i have worked out a way to pry it out of them :)



Maulik Shah Fri, 08/07/2009 - 16:51

Glad to hear you got it resolved - good luck on root causing it :). The only comment on the ACLs with CCA would be - CCA does restrict what source IP addresses can send messages to UC520 on UDP port 5060 starting from CCA 1.9 to lock down any toll fraud attempts. See below:


This Discussion