Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Distribution Script

Hi There !

I have a situaion where the extensions are not Cisco IP Phones, so I cannot use the CallManager HuntGroup for a fair call Distribution (Logest Idle or Circular).. I just can use the call redirect step...

So, I'd like to use a script to make the call distribution... Is it possible to do ? Does anyone can post an example script ?

Thanks.

Andrei.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Longest Idle would not be possible; however, Circular would be if you use an external XML or SQL database to track the DN the previous call was routed to. Each time the script is executed you would need to check the data source for the last-routed DN and likely use a Switch step to determine what the action should be based on the result. You would also need to update the data source for the next time the script is executed. One note here is that if two or more calls happened to occur at the same time (and query the data source simultaniously) you would likely see both calls route to the same DN. This isn't bullet proof.

As a side note: I'm not aware of any Cisco IP Phone model requirements for hunt group membership. Directory numbers are added to line groups, not phones. Have you actually tried this and not been able to make it work?

Hi !

Ok, this was what I have in mind.. use an external XML to track the DN the previous call was routed to.

I will try to develop this. Thanks !

About the IP Phone model requirements for hunt group, when I wrote IP Phones I was thinking about Directory Numbers.. I wrote it wrong.

Thanks.

Andrei.