Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM email notifications.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi.

Can you suggest how to configure notification services for hardware failure only?

I'm using LMS 3.1 with DFM 3.1.3.

Many thanks.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to DFM > Notification Services > Event Sets, and check the boxes for StateNotNormal and OutOfRange. Then configure a Notification Group for that Event Set. That should provide you notifications for events relating to failing hardware, but it will also capture things relating to high temperatures as well.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hardware failures come in a number of forms. Do you just want to be notified if a device becomes unreachable?

Yes Joe, and hardware failure like a damaged power supply.

Many thanks.

Andrea

Go to DFM > Notification Services > Event Sets, and check the boxes for StateNotNormal and OutOfRange. Then configure a Notification Group for that Event Set. That should provide you notifications for events relating to failing hardware, but it will also capture things relating to high temperatures as well.

Thanks Joe.

Andrea

Sorry Joe, I have another question for you!

Do you known if DFM reduces the number of mail if I disable monitoring of some entities like ISDN interface?

Thanks.

If you only enable notifications for the two events I mentioned, then you shouldn't get very many emails. Certainly nothing to do with ISDN.

Good!

I'm receiving this type of event with only StateNotNormal set checked:

ALERT ID = 00000RW

TIME = Fri 17-Jul-2009 18:16:42 CEST

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = c1841-S_Leonardo_Passiria

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Routers

EVENT DESCRIPTION = IF-c1841-S_Leonardo_Passiria/16 [BR0/1/0] [0473-659103]:OperationallyDown; IF-c1841-S_Leonardo_Passiria/15 [BR0/0/0:2]:BackupActivated; IF-c1841-S_Leonardo_Passiria/19 [BR0/1/0:2]:BackupActivated; IF-c1841-S_Leonardo_Passiria/18 [BR0/1/0:1]:BackupAct

Is it ok!?

You have too many boxes checked in your Notification Group. Make sure you uncheck the boxes under the alerts sections. That will get rid of these notifications.

Many many thanks for your patience Joe.

Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco