cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AXL API XML Parser Java Exception

kevins
Level 1
Level 1

I am on CUCM 6.1, and I have generated the AXL Api classes using WSDL2Java. I am able to call come methods successfully, however when i call the AXLAPIBindingStub Method "getPhone", and supply it with a hard coded Phone name, it Throws an exception.

"nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.cisco.www.AXL.API._6_1.XLine - asciiLabel "

I really have no idea where to go from here...

6 Replies 6

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

We are using Java and Eclipse based Web Services to get the phone list in our PhoneTop products and they seem to work fine....

could you explain in more detail? i cant seem to find anything related to SOAP in eclipse...

kevins
Level 1
Level 1

I have realized that the system has two versions of axis. axis 1.4 (which I installed) and axis 1.2 (installed by the package manager) I removed axis 1.4 as I tend to trust the package manager ( I think its actually axis2 1.2) and I am trying to regenerate classes from scratch. the axis installed by the package manager does not have wsdl2java, so I am trying to download axis2 1.2 and install just the wsdl2java tool.

I recompiled all the classes using axis 1.2 and I am back to the original exception:

nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.cisco.www.AXL.API._6_1.XLine - asciiLabel org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in com.cisco.www.AXL.API._6_1.XLine - asciiLabel

Isn't sax an xml parser? and doesn't axis recommend using xerces ?

How can i force it to use Xerces instead of sax?

kevins
Level 1
Level 1

according to this forum:

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=46&thread=169508

This problem is caused by using an out of date wsdl, the response from the server does not match what the wsdl is expecting, and it throws an exception. The easiest way to resolve it is to obtain the latest wsdl...

I obtained my wsdl file from the server itself by downloading the axlsqltoolkit from the server directly, and using the wsdl provided. but apparently when they updated the server they did not update the wsdl with it...

does anyone know where i can get an updated wsdl file? for cucm 6.1(2)?

kevins
Level 1
Level 1

It appears this area is not used much, I am posting a new thread here:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/forums/-/message_boards/message/1543016

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: