cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New 6509

sigmacisco
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased a 6509 with a SUP2 MSFC2. Everything is set up according to the installation guide hardware-wise. I figured I'd plug it in and have an IOS and be ready to configure, but I guess not. I've never deployed a 6509 from scratch before. Is there a document somewhere that shows how to load an IOS image on the MSFC2 so that it runs in native mode?

I cant see any of the ethernet modules either. When I first booted it up I was in switch console mode, then I entered the "switch console" command.

Is there a configuration guide for the steps to get a 6509 up and running after it is powered up? Everything that I'm finding is once you already have IOS running.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

This one is running in Hybrid mode, meaning that there are two parts:

- Switch Processor (SP) that is running CatOS

- Route Processor (RP) that is running IOS but the command are not what you are used to since there is no sh module or show mac, etc..

When you see the prompt switch(console)> means that you are on the SP side.

Well.... it seems like you need to do a software conversion if you are not used to hybrid mode. It's a long process. Good luck

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jbrenesj
Level 3
Level 3

This one is running in Hybrid mode, meaning that there are two parts:

- Switch Processor (SP) that is running CatOS

- Route Processor (RP) that is running IOS but the command are not what you are used to since there is no sh module or show mac, etc..

When you see the prompt switch(console)> means that you are on the SP side.

Well.... it seems like you need to do a software conversion if you are not used to hybrid mode. It's a long process. Good luck

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml

That worked like a charm. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card