cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT alerts

smahalingam
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting this below alert from the RTMT tool and the version of my CUCM is 6.1 .I wanted to know why this alert is getting generated when my network is stable without any outage.

Number of registered phones in the cluster drops 3 Percent. Current monitored precanned object has decreased by 8 percent. The alert is generated on Thu Aug 06 15:36:30 EDT 2009 on cluster StandAloneCluster.

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

well it does indicate what is says it does,

3 percent has unregistered, if you know the total amount of phone, you should be able to ascertain, how many phones dropped and work out which location was experiencing the issue.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks,but then is there a way to get more specfic information from the RTMT about the unregistered phones,primarily the location of the phones that is unregistered ???

You can try to locate the location of the unregistered phones on the event viewer of the CM server/s. There will probably many errors there about which ip address of phones that has unregistered.

Also (if possbile) try to setup a syslog server so may know if this is/are caused by the network issue.

and yeah, there must be a log/logs in the CM(CUCM) server about the unregistering of the phones. Hopefully someone will enlighten us...

rgds

Hi rgds,Tks for the reply.The version of CUCM iam running is 6.1.3 and its on Luni platform,andi hope we dont have the concept od event viewer anymore.Can anyone share your views on

1. "how to get the specific inforamtion (for example IP address of the phone) from the RTMT unregistered alert ???

2.A way to add some some specific information in the RTMT alert tool to show the Ip address of the Phones when an unregistered phone alert is generated.

Immediate reply for these questions is highly appericiated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: