cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All WLC on LMS 3.1 are showing duplicated Sysname

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting discrepancy errors on all Wireless controllers. The discrepancy details points to the same IP address???.

They sure have different Sysnames and IP addresses.

The wlc's have two connections each one to a 6513 core switch.

On the 6513 Device Center I don't see the wlc listed as neighboors, although the sh cdp nei on the 6513's lists them.

On the CM 5.1.3 topology the connection between the wlc's and the 6513 appears as a Gb Ethernet Bus.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these WLCs duplicated within DCR?

No, they show with up with their proper names on DCR, RME, CM etc.

Their names differ by just a digit like wlc-ec-cpd-1 and wlc-ec-cpd-2 and so on.

I am afraid of the dash on the names or the fact that each are sharing a single IP address but connected with their two Gig ports to two 6513 core switches.

I have attached a resume of the interface configurations.

Post a screenshot showing the discrepancy details.

They repeat for all 3 pairs of wlc:

Type Devices with duplicate SysName

Severity Medium

First Found 06 Aug 2009, 17:59:35 GMT-03:00

Description SysName:wlc-ec-cpd-1

Detail The following devices have the same SysName.

Device type and OS version of wlc-ec-cpd-1:

Cisco Controller

Device type and OS version of wlc-ec-cpd-1:

Cisco Controller

Note: If devices,running Cisco IOS,have the same SysName then only one of the devices will be discovered by Campus Manager.Delete the discovered device and perform another discovery after configuring unique SysName on devices.

Type Devices with duplicate SysName

Severity Medium

First Found 06 Aug 2009, 17:59:35 GMT-03:00

Description SysName:wlc-ec-cpd-2

Detail The following devices have the same SysName.

Device type and OS version of wlc-ec-cdp-2:

Cisco Controller

Device type and OS version of wlc-ec-cdp-2:

Cisco Controller

Note: If devices,running Cisco IOS,have the same SysName then only one of the devices will be discovered by Campus Manager.Delete the discovered device and perform another discovery after configuring unique SysName on devices.

Okay, I think you definitely have some bad data in the ANI database. Try reinitializing the topology portion using the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl

After running that, you should restart Daemon Manager, then run a new Campus Manager Data Collection. See if the resulting topology looks correct.

I have done the procedure and reinited the ani database.

The discrepancies and the topology looks as before. No change at all.

Then I suggest you open a TAC service request so debugging and be enabled and more troubleshooting done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: