cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

presence Failed to connect to CUCM Dbmon

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have noticed on a number of occasion that syncing between CUCM and CUPS is not functioning properly.

for instance when I want to add a CUPC user, and I add the licence to that specific user in CUCM, it is not replicated to CUPS (the CUPC licence field is nojt ticked in CUPS).

when i manually restart the sync agent in CUPS, it forces a resync and most of the times this cascades down to CUPS).

In the tracelog of CUPS i do read the following output:

at com.cisco.ccm.util.ncs.NcsClient.connect(NcsClient.java:270)

at com.cisco.ccm.util.ncs.NcsClient$ReceiveThread.run(NcsClient.java:354)

2009-08-07 12:30:52,587 ERROR [Thread-5] sync.DbmonClient - Failed to connect to CUCM Dbmon.

2009-08-07 12:34:31,591 ERROR [Thread-5] ncs.NcsClient - NcsClient:com.cisco.ccm.util.ncs.RemoteNcsClient@3257b8 IOExc : java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

This allthough the sync agent troubleshooter in diagnostics in CUPS shows no signs of issues (all green)

anybody experienced similar issues

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is called "change notification failure". You need ClusterManager logs to troubleshoot.

Possible causes include (but not limited to):

1) CUCM's hostname is not in CUPS' host table.

2) CUPS' secrete password does not match with CUCM cluster.

3) Host name/IP address was changed on CUCM after CUPS was installed.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Was the hostname mismatch for me.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: