Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM in LMS 3.1

1. I configured ICMP jitter but its not working. Is there any specific ios requirement for icmp jitter. i have given ip sla responder

2. Is path jitter same as ICMP jitter.

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Yes. The device must be running 12.4(6)T or higher. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/hticmpjt.html .

2. Not exactly. Path jitter tracks jitter on a hop-by-hop basis.

1. I want to enable traps for threshold violation in IPM. So I enabled it in the operation settings. but I am not able to provide a target device where to receive the traps as Cisco documentation says the traps receiver to be configured in a different server. how to go about it and if anything is needed to be configured on the device?

2. Docs say the CW wont be able to process the IPM traps. is it really so?

3. I configured cisoworks LMS 3.1 to use ACS authentication. "ciscoworks" is the username provided to it for Telnetting to the devices. Is there any way to check whether a configuration change made is via the CW GUI or through the CLI of the CW server using the username "ciscoworks".

1. This is done on the device. For example, snmp-server host 10.1.1.1 public

2. Correct.

3. You can use the RME syslog reports, or the change Audit reports to see who is making config changes.

1. See I want to configure IPM on the same devices that is already configured (DFM / IPM etc). so if i configure that what you provided, that configuration will overload the server with all the unnecessary data. so is there any specific traps that needs to be set to the SNMP traps receiving server.

3. that will only show who changed what. but if i use the same username that is used by CW to configure from CLI of the server, then is there any way to find out whether the conf is done via CLi or GUI.

1. You want to enable rtr or ipsla traps (depending on your IOS version). For example, snmp-server host 10.1.1.1 traps public ipsla.

3. You're right. While you'll see the VTY and IP address who made the change, you don't know if the change was made through LMS, or from a direct connection to the device from the LMS server, but outside of the LMS suite. However, RME's Change Audit will tell you that the change was made with RME.

1. I already saw with the rtr conf. but it is not sending traps. and there is no option for ipsla. is there a ios requirement for that?

2. I am not able to see the changes made via SSH (manually). and what to see when we did the same via CM (Vlan changes) or CV (port up/down) etc.

1. No, there is no IOS minimum. You need to make sure reactions are enabled, and properly configured.

2. Manual changes will only be picked up by RME if you are sending syslog messages from the device to RME, or during the periodic collections or polling (which typically run once per day). The same applies for changes made with Campus.

1. reactions? if you mean that all the traps are enabled. it is already done. but there is no option for ipsla.

2. as for the RME all the syslogs are already configured. and as for checking we manually poll one device. then too we are not able to get the report whether a particular change has been made via CLI.

You need to start a new thread for the RME issues.

As for the IP SLA traps, you need to make sure your router has:

snmp-server enable traps rtr

And:

snmp-server host HOST traps COMMUNITY rtr

Then, you need to make sure you have configured one of your Collectors with a reaction. When the reaction is triggered (if you have that reaction set to send a trap), then a trap will be sent.

I have configured the same already.

snmp-server enable traps rtr

snmp-server host 1.1.1.1 traps cisco rtr

no traps are sent.

I am using manage engine and IPSwitch as traps listener.

Are you sure your reaction is being triggered? What reaction have you configured? How have you verified the reaction condition is being met?

Yes i m pretty much sure about this.

i configured echo, pathecho.

i have also verified the same that it is triggering above threshold via IPM home page. and in the device by sh ip sla, sh ip sla statistics and sh snmp.

it shows the parameters configured, that it is crossing the threshold. and i also verified that that no traps being sent to the configured host.

Apart from this if any other thing needed to be seen then pl elaborate.

Then I suggest you open a TAC service request so live troubleshooting can be done.

Hello,

perhaps your problem is related to my. With IPM (LMS 3.2) I have defined an operation of type http (IP of www.google.de). I have configured rtr thresholds to be send as SNMP traps to my network management system (HP NNMi 9.0). Setting up the collection ends up in Config Failed, but looking on the device (show rtr conf and show rtr oper) the probe is running and operations are successful. But looking at rtr reaction-configuration there are no entries. The configuration contains the "snmp-server host" and "snmp-server enable traps rtr" statements, but no SNMP trap is sent to NNMi (the output of "show snmp" shows, that the counter for SNMP traps sent is the same - even when the measurement is over threshold or the timeout value).  When I change the operation in IPM to not use thresholding the collection ends up in Running (and I can use Monitor to see the operation results online). After searching the web I found this thread here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/173422?tstart=0&viewcondensed

Joe, could this be our problem?

Kind regards

Allessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: