Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobility Issue

VoipRocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I cannot figure out the role of Calling Search Space configured on the Remote Destination Profile page. Can someone confirm if it is used to control the calls allowed by phones configured as Remote Destination? In my case it does not seem to be making any difference at all.

I need to sort this out urgently and will be working over the weekend looking into it.

Thanks a lot guys.

Regds

TF

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the CSS used to determine the which Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access calls can be made. In other words, it determines if your remote destinations can be local, local and long distance, etc. as well as which type of calls can be made when using MVA.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon,

So far what I have understood(and tried) is that the ability to ring the Remote Destination phone when the IP Phone is called is controlled by Rerouting Calling Search Space under RDP. If I put a partition in the Rerouting CSS that has access to the gateway, the Remote Destination Phone Rings.

Can you eleborate a bit more by a scenario when this CSS would be effective?

Thanks again for the quick reply!!!

Cheers

TF

I haven't tested this, but it is my understanding that the Rerouting CSS controls how SIP calls are redirected and that the Remote Destination Profile determines which Mobile Connect and MVA calls can be made which essentially controls which route patterns are accessible and therefore whether your remote destination can be local, LD, etc. Does your testing show otherwise?

Brandon

Rerouting CSS in RDP, according to my observation, control the RD Phones that can be reached when CUCM is calling these RD Phones. It does not seem for SIP in RDP configuration. I have done specific testing. I have tried this by configuring an RD phone and made a Route Pattern to match this RD number. I put this RP in a Partition. If the Rerouting CSS does not have this partition then this RD Phone does not ring. It rings when I include this partition in the Rerouting CSS.

All my route patterns are in partitions and I can make calls out from the RD Phones even if there is no CSS(or even tried an with an empty CSS) in the RDP. The only thing I need to do to allow the RD Phones to make calls is to have the partition of the Route Pattern matching these calls to be included in the Incoming CSS of the Gateway from which these RD Phones reach the CUCM. Beats me.

Thanks again Brandon!!!

TF

Found the answer!!! It is in the Service Parameters where it is possible to choose which CSS will be used to route the calls from RD Phones.

HTH

TF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: