Collin Clark Mon, 08/10/2009 - 05:38
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Unless you're strong in routing and switching, I would suggest taking each one individually.

jbrenesj Mon, 08/10/2009 - 10:09
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Tim,

Well, the composite exam covers everything as each individual BSCI and BCMSN so it will take you the same time to prepare. If you want to save $50 then take it but make sure you are knowledgeable enough on both areas. I would consider preparing independently for each one, taking time to do some labs and learn the topics.

Going for the composite is hard because it's a lot of material and it's only recommended for people with some expertise on routing for instance.

Great to hear that you are planing the CCNP track so soon, go for it but in order to be a good professional better take the required time for each exam, don't rush and you'll see that your can learn and grow in your networking career.

Wilson Samuel Tue, 08/11/2009 - 07:19
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Mobile User, July 2015

Just to give you an idea about the vastness of Composite Exams, please bear with my story.

I wanted to recertify my CCNP in 2006, and since I was relocating, I thought it woulbe wise to go ahead with Composite exam than to take (then you hate to take either Comp or BSCI+BCSN) 2 exams (Ireland charges a good amt in VAT after the regular exam fee).

So, when I saw the exam, it was really breath taking and, at so many times, I thought I'm gonna sink (with just 3 days remaing to recertify ) but thank goodness that it passed me right at the cut off score on that day.

What I understood, is that Comp. Exam DOESNT compromise on the toghness (as I thought) so, its better to take 2 (preparation is much easier) than to take one and flunk (unless you have got some real good time in your hand).

All the Best!!

Regards

Wilson Samuel

Actions

This Discussion