Views
Helpful
Replies

Grouping of Extension

abhishekbanik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know how i can group extensions together so that it rings togehter at a same time.For eg i have extensio 100, 101 and 102 i want them to ring together when some one calls.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which version of Callmanager or Callmanager Express?

Brandon

call manager 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As there is no mention of what you use, i'll say CUCM 7.1(2)

Yes, configure a line group with broadcast algorithm

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abishek,

Just to expand on our previous thread.

This setup requires a few steps :) The references are in the docs below.

Create Line Group - that contains the User phones to be included in the Hunt Group. **This will be 100,101 and 102

Create Hunt pilot - The Pilot number of the Hunt Group. This will be the listed number that people dial to reach this group. So yours can be 500 for example :)

Create Hunt List - that contains the required Line Group. This will be setup under the name of the Hunt Group/perhaps Sales or Helpdesk

Hunt Pilot Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html

Line Group Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html

Hunt List Configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03htlst.html

Under the Line group is where you choose the Broadcast Algorithm

Line Group Configuration Settings

Distribution Algorithm

Choose a distribution algorithm, which applies at the line-group level, from the options in the drop-down list box:

Broadcast-If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco CallManager distributes a call to all idle or available members of a line group simultaneously.

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks a lot, u made my day

Hi Abishek,

You are most welcome my friend! You made my day as well.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello rob.huffman

I have created Hunt Group with CUCM 7.1 and my Gateway H.323 with application Auto Attendant on router, all calls handling by Auto attendant no#861 :- Auto attendant Menu

Dial 1 for Sales, [will be internal DN's in hunt group Example 300, 306, 304, 310]

2 for support, [will be internal DN's in hunt group Example 400, 410]

3 Dial By extension, [will be internal DN's can dial]

In hunt group number 778 sales & support 779

Test from internal

I am calling from DN-500 to hunt group number 778, its ringing hunt group can answer it can transfer

But if I dial from DN-500 or over PSTN line, answering auto attendant# 861 [main grating will play if dial the caller 1 its reaching to hunt group 778, member of hunt group once answer call is dropping

Can you guide me what I have to do?

Thanks

Taher

Hello rob.huffman

I have created Hunt Group with CUCM 7.1 and my Gateway H.323 with application Auto Attendant on router, all calls handling by Auto attendant no#861 :- Auto attendant Menu

Dial 1 for Sales, [will be internal DN's in hunt group Example 300, 306, 304, 310]

2 for support, [will be internal DN's in hunt group Example 400, 410]

3 Dial By extension, [will be internal DN's can dial]

In hunt group number 778 sales & support 779

Test from internal

I am calling from DN-500 to hunt group number 778, its ringing hunt group can answer it can transfer

But if I dial from DN-500 or over PSTN line, answering auto attendant# 861 [main grating will play if dial the caller 1 its reaching to hunt group 778, member of hunt group once answer call is dropping

Can you guide me what I have to do?

Thanks

Taher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: